Bulldog Football 2019
NO MORE 2-a-days
August Team Camp will be the 2 weeks prior to school and practice will be 8:00am – 11:00am
then lifting & film from 11:00am – 12:00 noon.
- With the amount of time we are able to spend with kids in June and July, we don’t need all the time of a second full practice to be fully prepared.
- Allows players to maintain afternoon summer jobs for a couple more weeks.
- Less stress on legs and bodies and less time in the extreme heat.
- Trainer Mike sent out a message to other trainers across the country and received a lot of info about significantly fewer injuries both during the camp and the season overall.
- More time for team bonding with fun activities on a few afternoons
- Swimming at Crystal Lake, Silver Lake and the Quarry
- Bowling, Putt Putt, Wiffle Ball, Team Picnic / Cookout
- More time to arrange physicals, dentist appts, physical therapy, outside of practice time.
- At least 2 of the current 7 State Champs have not done 2-a-days in the last 5 years.
Our schedule will include:
- A brief morning meeting
- On the field warming up by 8:00am
- Llift or watch film at 11:15-11:45am
- Team meeting at 11:45 to discuss that day and the next.
- These practices will still be intense and require mental and physical toughness, but just a little less time spent doing it.
We truly believe in this new schedule. It will be a great experience for anyone in the program! We are excited! Be a part of something special – The Bulldog Program !
Interested in joining and haven’t played before or have questions?
See Coach Decker room 210 or Coach Maxa room 205
or email Coach Decker: firstname.lastname@example.org